A dog gift basket is a fine treat for your own dog, but this also will also make a fine gift for a friend or relative’s new addition. Your friend’s pet will provide them with joy and friendly company and it is only right that you also share in celebrating this joy with them. You can let them know that not only are they loved friends, but that their pets are also special and deserve love and attention too.
One of the easiest ways to search for your dog gift basket is online. There is a wide array of baskets that may be themed similar to what is shown below or they may be themed for the active dog or for a particular breed of dog. You will also discover a wide variety of price ranges. These online baskets tend to start around $25 but you may find them well into the hundreds of dollars. Some of the luxury baskets may even contain jewel-studded collars for the pet. If you decide to purchase one of these online gift baskets, please be certain that the company you buy from is reliable and has a guaranteed delivery. No matter where you purchase your prepackaged basket, please make sure that all of the items in the basket are safe for the dog and that all food items are healthy and safe.
A prepackaged dog gift basket makes a great gift; however you can also make this yourself rather than buying a prepackaged one. You can decorate the basket and put whatever you like in it for a personal touch. There are many items you can put in the basket that will delight the lucky recipient of your thoughtful gift. Or you can decide on a theme for the basket and follow that plan. If you plan the theme route, you may want to find out the breed of the animal and its lifestyle and health conditions. Learning about its lifestyle and health will ensure that you don’t end up giving the wrong gift that cannot be used by the pet.
Some examples of themes you may wish to follow are:
1) A treat dog gift basket. You will find a huge array of possible dog treats to include in the basket. These include the simple dog bones or actual meaty dog treats that look like bacon or hot dogs. Or you may wish to include recipe cards for the owner to make their own personal dog treats. You may also choose to include a few treats for the owner. Have fun with this.
2) A toy gift basket. Popular toy options include squeaky stuffed toys, knotted ropes or the simple tennis ball. No dog will pass up a really good toy.
3) Dog outfit basket. Especially if the dog is a smaller breed or a definitely pampered pooch, this is a fun option to go with. These may be as simple as a pair of dog boots to protect the dog’s feet from extreme weather to actual dog costumes which may include ballerina outfits, cheerleader outfits or hooded sweatshirts.
4) New dog gift basket. Here you can include everything for the new owner with the assumption that the basics of collar and leash have already been purchased. If not include those items. Also include a dog poop bag holder, informative or training books or DVDs, a prepaid subscription for a pet magazine, and gift certificates for training classes.
5) Spa gift basket. Fill this with spa and grooming items such as shampoos, conditioners, brushes, combs, nail clippers, paw palm and pet towels. You may also include grooming gift certificates.
6) First aid gift basket. A pet first aid gift is a must for every dog owner. Include bandages and first aid items that are approved by vets. Include a book on how to care for pets and how to give first aid in case of emergencies.
7) Personalized dog gift basket. Include gift items that have been personalized with both the pet and owner’s names. Ideas include food bowls, biscuit containers, id tags, mugs, t-shirts, photo frames and door mats.
8) “All things gift basket.” Include a fun variety of a few items from every category above and really treat your friend to some fun and enjoyment.
You may also choose to try a fun and colorful idea and use something other than a basket to place all of your gift items in. You could use a dog bed, food bowl or treat container to place your items. Wrap with clear cellophane for a really professional touch.
Whether you choose the prepackaged dog gift basket or decide to make your own, make sure it is affordable and make sure you have fun. If you know someone with a new dog, consider this means of showing them that they are important to you and that something that provides them with happiness gives you joy too. A dog gift basket is a sweet and amazing gift that your friend will be delighted to receive.